Jan 10, 2014

My Lists: 15 favorite k-pop songs from the second half of 2013

Looks like the second half of 2013 was filled with a whole lot of black, white, red, and gray.

And just like that, we're in 2014. My obsession has yet to wane and I don't see it going anywhere in the next few months, so I forge ahead.

In many ways, 2013 has been a very memorable year in k-pop. There were several songs released this year that are still on my "Favorites" playlist and are still on constant rotation. As I did 6 months ago for the first half of 2013, I've listed down my favorite songs from the second half of the year that was.

Without further ado, and in no particular order, here are my top 15 favorite songs released after July 2013.

miss A - "Hush"


Kim Hyun-joong - "Unbreakable"


B.A.P - "Badman"


B2ST - "Will You Be Alright?"


f(x) - "Rum Pum Pum Pum"


G-Dragon - "Who You?"


Seungri - "Let's Talk About Love"


Jung Joon-young -"10 Minutes Before Breaking Up"


IU - "The Red Shoes"


T.O.P - "Doom Dada"


SHINee - "One Minute Back"


2NE1 - "Missing You"


Exo - "Growl"


SHINee - "Symptoms"


G-Dragon - "Crooked"


So here's looking forward to yet another year of awesome music. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Yep yep, I agree on a bunch of these. I'm not usually an f(x) fan but I really like Rum Pum Pum Pum, it's really catchy. It's the first song of their's that i've actually downloaded, lol.

    GD 'Who You' is awesome fun, I think I prefer it over Crooked. And TOP's song, i didn't like it at first. I watched the MV, heard the song, and thought "meh". But then I saw him perform it at one of the end of year shows, and it was just awesome watching him, and now I like the song more. I mean, every time I see TOP on stage, I just fall in love with him all over again. Seungri's song, don't love it. That performance on Inkigayo is funny though because it's Seungri's song but Taeyang gets this huge entrance, lol.

    Growl is still my favourite music video ever. I like the song but i love the video. So good!

    Kim Hyun Joong released Your Story at the same time as Unbreakable, and I ended up preferring Your Story. It was my ringtone for months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I watched "Your Story" once and the song didn't stick so I haven't listened to it since then...

      And yes. I understand what you mean about TOP. I love seeing him perform live. There's just something about him -- and I don't just mean his good looks. With Seungri, I liked "Let's Talk About Love" more than his main single. I think I just came around to liking it after he performed it at the 2013 MAMA. I never really gave his solo stuff much notice till then.

      "Growl" just keeps making me want to dance and that's awesome. Ha. :)

      Delete