Aug 27, 2013

Time-travel drama Mi-rae's Choice confirms Yoon Eun-hye, Lee Dong-gun


Speculations over the cast of upcoming drama Mi-rae's Choice are put to rest as the production confirms its leads. Yoon Eun-hye (Coffee PrinceI Miss You) and Lee Dong-gun (Lovers in Paris) have been confirmed to star in the time-travelling drama alongside idol-actor Jung Yong-hwa (You're Beautiful) who has also been confirmed for the second male lead role.

The drama is being written by Hong Jin-ah of The King 2 Hearts and Beethoven Virus. While I haven't seen the latter, The King 2 Hearts is one of my all-time favorite dramas and I can't wait to see Yoon Eun-hye in a well-written drama again.

Mi-rae's Choice revolves around Yoon Eun-hye's character (who is of course named Mi-rae which means future) who intentionally travels to the past to change the course of her life. I see many ways in which things can go wrong but that's where the drama is found, I suppose. We won't have much of a story if every character in dramaland made good and well-informed decisions.

Romance factors in when Yoon Eun-hye's character encounters broadcast announcer Lee Dong-gun, and this love line will soon be rattled by chaebol-disguised-as-cameraman Jung Yong-hwa. I'm not sure how Yong-hwa's acting is going to hold up against the other two but I sure am crossing my fingers for him. I'm hoping he has chemistry with Yoon Eun-hye, at the very least, because I miss having a viable second lead in my dramas.

Mi-rae's Choice is set to start airing in October, succeeding current KBS Monday-Tuesday drama Good Doctor.

3 comments:

  1. why some of the articles in the internet is telling that jung young hwa was the male lead and not lee dong gun? i hope lee dong gun will be the male lead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I just saw this post because of the most recent one. Me likey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. I knew it was a good idea to start linking to old posts. ^_^

      Delete